Spookymilk Survivor X continues with the fourth challenge: for a given list of answers, give the question/statement that provoked the answer. The list of answers are:
- Okay, but it’s twice the cost for full service.
- I went for it, but I missed wide right.
- A slide rule, an apple and a piece of the Blarneystone.
- It’s no surprise they melted, then.
- It was my video game knowledge that saved my life.
- Still, I don’t think it was interesting enough for 26 pages.
- So that’s what really happened to Elvis and Tupac.
- Because my cat is stuck in the shower drain.
- You could get the same result by banging a bunch of pots and pans together.
- It was pretty weird, but you could turn it into a beer commercial.
- I should have known that’s what “Louie Louie” was about.
- Well, that’s one way to survive a nuclear blast.
- That’s an unlikely use of your theater degree.
- I guess that’s the one good thing about visiting a KKK complex.
- I wanted to go because they have the hottest chicks.
- I wanted to go because they have the hottest guys.
- Peer pressure makes a (guy/girl) do stupid things.
- It was a misprint, and one letter made all the difference.
- It was going so well until he slipped.
I was disappointed with this challenge for a couple reasons: this was a team challenge and far too many of my submissions were chosen, plus far too few votes were cast, which means that some that were submissions were not concensus but were the results of a coin flip, so to speak. SPOILER ALERT! had a dismal showing, with only 8 of the possible 38 points. Results.
Here were submissions of mine that scored points:
|17 Peer pressure makes a guy/girl do stupid things.|
|You got a tattoo that says “hermaphrodite?!?”|
This one scored two points. The “guy/girl” seemed a no-brainer to me, and what better peer pressure than to get a tattoo? Judges responses:
K: Oh, wow. I had another one picked until I realized how I worded the answer. Nicely done.
DK: I think this is the most ridiculous, and therefore, funniest.
|18. It was a misprint, and one letter made all the difference.|
|Wait, he got fired for selling seersucker sluts?|
I have no idea where this one came from. Spooky liked it:
K: Alright, none of these are grabbing me. “Sluts” is an odd way to misprint “suits” by just one letter, but I still don’t even know what the other two are going for. I might know if I spent a lot of time on it, but if I did that they wouldn’t be funny anymore anyway.
|19. It was going so well until he slipped.|
|I see Rabbi Steinberg isn’t allowed to perform bris anymore.|
Not surprisingly, I wasn’t the only one to take this route. DK preferred our submission, though:
DK: Here’s another one of those multiple team ones, but the third one is definitely more substantial.
The following were also my answers, but did not score a point from either judge:
|2. I went for it, but I missed wide right.
|Your Fox News show was aiming for “fair and balanced,” do you think you achieved that?|
I’m surprised none of the other teams went with the political bent.
|4. It’s no surprise they melted, then.|
|Know a good anagram for “Lenny mutters it: deep horseshit”?|
No love from the judges for a hard-worked anagram.
|8. Because my cat is stuck in the shower drain.|
|What makes you think you have mice in your plumbing?|
Just not as strong as the other teams’ submissions.
|11. I should have known that’s what “Louie Louie” was about.|
|I heard he wrote it standing in a long line at a stadium bathroom.|
I was playing off the “Me gotta go” line in the chorus.
|14. I guess that’s the one good thing about visiting a KKK complex.|
|Jeff never did get rid of his “CK” stutter.|
This wasn’t even my favorite submission for this; I preferred I found a great place to film the agency’s next “Tide Plus Bleach” ad.
|15. I wanted to go because they have the hottest chicks.|
|But why Incubators ‘R’ Us?|
Pretty obvious. The winning submission went the same route I did.
One more teammate bites the dust. *sigh*