(For my card collecting blogger friends, go below the break to see
- “Sorrow (Your Heart)” – Trevor Rabin, Can’t Look Away
- “Blackbird/Yesterday” – The Beatles, Love
- “Four Red Brains” – Ghosts & Vodka, Addicts and Drunks
- “Interesting Drug” – Morrissey, Suedehead: The Best of Morrissey
- “Invocation” – Carpenters, Ticket to Ride
- “Latin Quarter” – Marc Antoine, Urban Gypsy
- “Vampire Killer/Wicked Child” – Konami Kukeiha Club, Perfect Selection Dracula: New Classics
- “All About Satellites and Spaceships” – Seven Percent Solution, All About Satellites and Spaceships
- “Homunculus” – Passport, Cross-Collateral
- “A Visit to Newport Hospital” – Egg, The Polite Force
C O N T E S T !
Figured it was time to run my own giveaway, so I’ll give it a whirl. Winner gets a relic or auto card from your favorite team (baseball, football, hockey, basketball) from my LCS’s inventory. Not a big deal, and no promises, but I’ll try to find the best card available, be it GU or AU. Maybe some throw-ins as well — who knows.
First, the lead-in: this Sunday is my birthday. Yes, that’s right, September 11th. It was a tragic day for my parents long before it was for the U.S.A. (tacky joke? yeah, sorry) This Sunday is one of those Big Round Number Birthdays, too. Which means that that innocence-shedding day back in 2001 was also a Big Round Number Birthday — just not as big.
Here’s how to enter the contest: leave one comment with your guess as to what I had planned for my birthday back in 2001. (Hint #1: I did not want to go to work and deal with the inevitable black balloons and black birthday cake with tombstones on it. Hint #2: I did follow through on what I had planned on doing, in spite of the horrible news on TV and radio that morning and the rest of the day)
The actual answer is pretty unusual, so I don’t expect a totally correct answer (I don’t think I’ve mentioned it on “é rayhahn, rayhahn” and if you DO know, then you’re not one of my card collecting blogger friends, so MUM’S THE WORD). That said, I will award it to whom I believe has the closest to the correct answer. Contest closes Saturday night at midnight CDT, and I’ll post the winner Sunday afternoon.
Looking forward to some interesting guesses. While I’m hoping this is as fun for you as it is for me, please also remember to hug your family, thank God for your life and your country, and remember those who lost their lives ten years ago.