Okay, technically it was a “team dump”, but since fellow Show Me Stater AdamE from Thoughts on Sox didn’t have a lot of Twins cards to begin with, and they were all relatively recent, I’m going to call it a “shotgun” trade — and the shot was pretty near full choke, as nearly half of the cards were winners. We both have been stockpiling each other’s teams cards to send off to each other at some point in the future, and AdamE reached the tipping point first. Several A&G (and other) minis, a couple 2008 Topps Gold foil, and a nice variety of others. I believe my return package will likewise be appreciated (dude, I really have to bring you by my local card shop the next time you’re in town 😉 ).
clockwise, from top left: 2006 Bowman Heritage #23 Justin Morneau, pre-concussion; 2008 Topps Gold Foil #618 Pat Neshek; 2009 Upper Deck Goodwin Champions #76 Joe Mauer; 2009 Topps 206 (Piedmont back) #281 Joe Mauer; 2008 Topps Allen & Ginter (A&G back) #281 Joe Nathan; 2010 Topps National Chicle #7 Joe Mauer, in fly-catcher mode
Always a pleasure, AdamE!
On a whim, I set WMP to randomly play only songs from the year 2000; let’s see how this filter works out:
- “2116” – Planet X, Universe
- “Voodoodoodoo” – Ensemble Studios, Age of Empires Compilation soundtrack
- “Green Destiny (Love Theme)” – Tan Dun, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon soundtrack
- “Power of Denial” – Thomas Newman, American Beauty soundtrack
- “Tierra Verde” – Jeff Lorber, The Definitive Collection
- “Headloss” – Caravan, Where But For Caravan Would I?*
- “Gibraltar” – Geoffrey Downes, The World Service
- “Seeing Her Again” – Roger Eno, The Long Walk
- “Quiet Theme (End Titles)” – Richard Marvin, U-571 soundtrack
- “Loser” – 3 Doors Down, The Better Life
*okay, this track is from 1974, but the compilation is from 2000
Well, not bad — even some good soundtrack action. TGIF, everyone!
Okay, not “flirting” per se, but “trading” with Spankee at My Cardboard Mistress. As part of my year-long apparent attempt to trade for Twins from every member of the friendly neighborhood card-collecting blogosphere, Spankee and I worked out an exchange; although he collects a select bunch of players, they included Twins player Michael Cuddyer, of which I had close to 20 different cards to trade, which along with some other cards were swapped for the three below:
clockwise, from left: 2010 Topps 206 [no #] Joe Mauer; 2008 Upper Deck Sweet Spot Sweet Swatch Triple Memorabilia #TS-LHW Francisco Liriano (w/Felix Hernandez, Jered Weaver); 2007 Upper Deck Game Memorabilia #UD-JS Johan Santana
Thanks for the trade! (and if you haven’t seen it, My Cardboard Mistress has one of the funniest blog banner images ;))
Also, in a reaction to the last few trades, I decided to create a page of “Havelists” where I could inventory the Twins relics, autos, and manu-patches already in my collection.
When I tentatively approached Steve at White Sox Cards about a trade between AL Central rivals, I couldn’t have been met with more enthusiasm. While I had several unusual ChiSox cards squirrelled away here, Steve came back at me with some equally interesting Twins cards. Included were cards from several different brands, including the two 1991 Classic Purple cards that I needed, several 2007 Bowman Prospects, and a handful of newer cards, too.
clockwise, from top left: 1991 Classic Purple #42 Kevin Tapani; 2010 Upper Deck Biography #SB-200 Alexi Casilla; 2008 Topps Gold #417 Brian Bass [978/2008]; 2010 Topps National Chicle #35 Justin Morneau; 2007 Topps Own the Game #OTH21 Johan Santana; 2006 Topps Bazooka Stamps #18 Justin Morneau
There’s still a PTBNL in this trade, but I can’t say enough regarding trading with White Sox Cards, and I look forward to setting aside any future Sox for another trade at a later date. Thanks again!
Well, all good things must come to an end, and Spookymilk Survivor Challenge week #16 was mine. As a post-mortem sentiment, I’m glad to be voted off as a threat than for having an off week. I had a great time, Spooky & Beau, and I enjoyed everyone’s writing creativity. Oh, and The Winner Group über alles!
- “Transit” – Ira Stein & Russel Walder, Transit
- “I’ll Come Running” – Brian Eno, Another Green World
- “I’m So Straight I’m a Weirdo” – Rick Wakeman, Rock & Roll Prophet
- “Brother Up in Heaven” – Alan Parsons, On Air
- “London Town” – Wings, London Town
- “Tattoo” – Ohm, Amino Acid Flashback
- “Ventura Highway” – America, History: America’s Greatest Hits
- “If You Leave” – Orchestral Manoeuvers in the Dark, The Best of OMD
- “Treasure” – Trevor Rabin, National Treasure soundtrack
- “Rejection” – Lisa Gerrard, Whale Rider soundtrack
Have a great weekend, everyone, and let’s go AL Central Champion Twins!