- For the third time, no!
- I’m going to have to go ahead and give that one an unconditional ‘maybe.’
- Four dollars! For both of us!
- It didn’t work at first, but some lube did the job.
- Oh, this? Nah, I got hit by a car.
- It looked like something edible from far away, but now I want to vomit.
- I swear I’m a vegan — I just had this one misstep.
- Four cigars, a hooker, and a copy of Sense and Sensibility.
- It started as a hobby, but I never imagined the pile would get this big.
- The best…is yet to come.
- It was supposed to be at noon, but we switched it to…oh! Right now!
- It smells like a wet bison.
- I agree; it’s really just about equal rights.
- Juicy fruit!
- Yeah, kind of like Kevin Costner in The Big Chill.
- Spicy, with a hint of lemon.
This time around, though, we had a second place finish (results), good enough to stave off elimination, but still a bit unsatisfying. The Winner Group earned only 5 out of 16 pts, with the other two teams earning 7 and 4 pts. I feel bad that none of my submissions were picked, although I made a few major contributions based on other teammates’ initial ideas. Here are some of the answers that I initially contributed whose brilliance was ignored by the judges:
|1. For the third time, no!|
|Ullger has already had two baserunners thrown out at the plate today; will this one finally score?|
Pretty good idea to play off the excapades of the Twins’ third base coach; just wasn’t as good as the winning submission.
|3. Four dollars! For both of us!|
|There once was a bad girl named Candace
Who’d “do” boys in the back of the bus.
How much does it cost
For virginity lost?
The novelty of making the answer the last line of a limerick wasn’t enough to sway the judges.
|12. It smells like a wet bison.|
|“We call this fragrance Eau de NDSU. Do you like it?”|
This one stands on its own.
|13. I agree; it’s really just about equal rights.|
|Kelly Ripa: “There are some really ignorant people out there that keep trying to find meaning in the movie Hope Floats, don’t you think, Regis?”|
After toying with ideas that played off of “rights” (like boxing right jabs) and “equal” (something with equal signs), this one just goes after the opinion directly. I thought it especially nice that Kelly refers to those looking for deep meaning as ignorant, and then Regis falls right into the pit.
|15. Yeah, kind of like Kevin Costner in The Big Chill.|
|Brendan Harris had a pretty limited role on the Twins, didn’t he?|
Amusingly, the winning submission was also about Brendan Harris.
Again this week there were only 2 or 3 answers by the other teams that I would have taken over ours, so I wasn’t unhappy with our answers. We’ll see if we can’t right the ship this next week. The best…is yet to come.