Giving the year 1985 a shuffle off the ol’ external HD. CDs were just coming out, and I was in my first year of work, in a far away land (called “Los Angeles”). Let’s see what retro stuff pops up…
- “Gibralter” – Klaus Doldinger, Das Boot (The Director’s Cut)
- “Angela” – Vitamin Z, Rites of Passage
- “Mescalito” – Ozric Tentacles, Tantric Obstacles
- “Stravinsky – The Rite of Spring: Dance of the Young Girls” – Tomita, Live at Linz, 1984, The Mind of the Universe
- “Eye to Eye” – Go West, Go West
- “Grey Promenade” – Roger Eno, Voices
- “World Machine” – Level 42, World Machine
- “Solly’s Beard” – Yes, 9012 Live: The Solos
- “Light of the World” – Alan Parsons Project, Stereotomy
- “Too Late” – Asia, Astra
Okay, flashback is over. You can return to practicing writing “2010” on your checks.
Insect Photo of the Day:
Okay, be careful what you wish for: I have wanted for quite a while to raise young Mantis from an ootheca, and after reading about how much work that is, instead hoped to find one “in the wild” to keep an eye on. Well, imagine our surprise when we took down the harvest wreath from the front door in order to put up the Christmas wreath, and found an ootheca plastered smack dab in the middle of the door! It appears that the Carolina Mantis that I interrupted to get this photo paid me back by finishing the job in the most visible spot it could think of. Well…thanks!
ootheca of a Carolina Mantis (Stagmomantis carolina)